- Serves 4
- Level Easy
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Suitable for Gluten Free Vegans Vegetarians
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
This cauliflower rice from our friends at Tabl is a great alternative to normal rice. If you’re cutting back on the carbs or just looking for a lighter alternative, this a great quick and easy option.
This recipe is lightly spiced with turmeric which is a great superfood. It’s bursting with health benefits due to the presence of medicinal compounds called curcuminoids. These curcuminoids, the most beneficial of which is curcumin, are a natural anti-inflammatory and increase your body’s antioxidant capacity and boast many other health benefits such as decreasing the risk of brain disease, heart disease and cancer.
Cauliflower rice freezes well so no problem if you make a big batch. Portion it up in zip-lock bags for future use. A perfect way to speed up mid-week meal prep!
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Food Processor
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with the lemon juice and add a drizzle of rapeseed oil. Add the cauliflower and coat well.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the cauliflower and spread evenly across the tray.
- Bake the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until slightly charred – watch it like a hawk to make sure it doesn't burn!
- Set the tray of cauliflower aside on a heat proof mat to cool. Add to a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has a consistency like breadcrumbs.
- To serve, reheat in a microwave for 2 minutes. Freeze any remaining cauliflower rice in zip lock bags for future use.