- Serves 4
- Level Easy
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Suitable for Vegetarians
Tortizza Margherita & Rocket Salad
These tortilla based pizzas have been thrown together by the gastronomic geniuses at Gousto and are a quick and easy twist on the Neapolitan classic.
By using a tortilla for the pizza base, aka tortizza, you get that crunchy snap that you can only usually get from a wood-fired oven. The rocket and Italian hard cheese salad sits on top, adding a freshness and a peppery flavour. Slice, slice baby!
Learn more about the Gousto meal kit subscription and how they faired in our head to head review of Gousto vs. Hello Fresh.
- 4 balls of fresh mozzarella
- 2 garlic clove
- 20g fresh basil
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 12 white tortilla wraps
- 80g Italian hard cheese
- 4 tbsp rich tomato paste
- 100g rocket salad
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200oC and boil a kettle.
- Add the tortillas to a large baking tray. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the tortillas are starting to turn brown around the edges. Once browned, remove the tortillas from the oven and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the garlic. Strip the basil leaves from their stalks and chop the stalks finely, leaving the leaves whole for later.
- Combine the tomato paste with 100ml of boiled water in a heat-proof bowl.
- Add the chopped garlic, chopped basil stalks, 1tsp sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl – this is your tomato sauce.
- Meanwhile, tear the mozzarella into large pieces. Pat the torn mozzarella with kitchen paper, pressing down very firmly so that the mozzarella is nice and dry (this stops your pizzas from being soggy). Cut the baby tomatoes in half.
- Divide the tomato sauce between the tortillas and spread it out towards the edges. Top with the torn mozzarella, basil leaves and halved baby plum tomatoes. Season with salt and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes or until the mozzarella has fully melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice the Italian hard cheese finely with a peeler, until you end up with a pile of cheese shavings.
- Wash the rocket salad. Once the tortillas are done, top each one with a handful of the rocket and a drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with the cheese shavings. Serve and enjoy!