- Serves 4
- Level Easy
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- Suitable for Dairy Free Gluten Free Sugar Free Vegans Vegetarians
Spicy Courgette and Avocado Soup
Who says soup is just for the winter? Not us.
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small bunch of coriander, lightly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- Cashew cream to taste
- half a tsp of Bonallack Great Granola Dukkak
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, add courgettes, half of the spring onions and pinch of dukkah and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid for 5 minutes or until the courgettes are tender. Then remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining onions, cucumber, coriander, half of the lime juice, and pinch of salt in a bowl and toss the mixture well. Once cool, cover with cling film and put in the fridge.
- Blend the remaining lime juice, the avocado, a pinch of salt and the courgette mix and process until smooth. Cover and put back in the fridge to completely chill for approximately 2 hours.
- Serve cold in soup bowls with cucumber salsa on top. Drizzle with cashew cream if wanted.