- Serves 3
- Level Easy
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Suitable for Vegans Vegetarians
Peanut Soba Noodle Salad
Get your chopsticks out and have fun trying to pick up those pesky edamame beans.
- 225g buckwheat soba noodles
- 150g frozen edamame beans
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 carrots
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp mixed black and white sesame seeds
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the Dressing
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
How to Make It
- First make the dressing. Put all the ingredients into a small bowl, mix to combine and set aside.
- Cook the noodles for 5-8 minutes in plenty of salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, until just tender. Drain and refresh by rinsing under cold water, then leave to dry on a clean tea towel.
- At the same time, cook the edamame beans for 4-5 minutes in a separate pan of boiling water, then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Roast the peanuts in a dry frying pan until golden, then take off the heat, tip onto a board and roughly chop. Peel the carrots and slice into fine matchsticks.
- Put the noodles in a large mixing bowl and add the edamame beans, carrots, spring onions, chilli and herbs and toss with the dressing. Serve sprinkled with the chopped roasted peanuts, the sesame seeds and a wedge of lime.