- Serves 4
- Level Easy
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Suitable for Gluten Free
Mixed Quinoa, Serrano Ham and Mozzarella Courgetti
Here’s a perfect healthy snack or light lunch that’s packed with the goodness of grains and full of flavour.
It’s a super versatile dish so if you don’t have all the ingredients to hand, just mix and match. No carrots? Use more courgettes. Used up all your chickpeas? Try frozen green peas instead.
For an extra colourful twist, try and track down both yellow and green courgettes or scour the local market or grocer for some purple carrots; experiment, have fun and send us your snaps so we can take a look at your creations!
- 3 carrots, ribboned
- 2 green courgette, ribboned or spiralized
- Handful of tomatoes
- 150g of mixed quinoa
- 2 spring onion, chopped
- Shredded Serrano ham
- Shredded ball of mozzarella
- ½ can of chickpeas, drained
- Fresh basil for garnishing
How to Make It
- Ribbon your courgette using a potato peeler or spiralizer.
- Cut up the rest of your vegetables, mozzarella and ham. Drain your can of chickpeas.
- Boil the grains – 1 cup to 2 cups of water.
- Now fry your courgette for 4-5 minutes in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix all the prepared ingredients together and season generously.