Information We May Collect and How We Use It
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
During the course of our activities we will process personal data (that held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about our Users and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of this policy is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data.
Non-Personal Identification Information
Information may also be collected by us as you use the Website; information that is transmitted by your computer when you use the Website.
Non-personal identification information may include your IP address, the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised along with other similar information. We may also store information we receive from cookies (please see below).
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
The Food Rush may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
We will comply with the seven data protection principles in the GDPR, which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights.
- Be kept secure.
How We Process Collected Information
We will usually only process your personal data where you have given us your explicit consent for example to register for our newsletter, or for entry into a prize promotion, or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. The full list of conditions is set out in the GDPR.
- We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the GDPR.
- Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
- We will only process your data in line with your data rights.
How We Store Your Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
Your data may also be processed by staff that work for us or for one of our suppliers and may be situated outside the country where you entered that information. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our service(s) to you and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to The Food Rush have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for The Food Rush.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- for marketing purposes provided that we have had your direct consent to us sharing such data with third parties by notifying us via the Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on the Website at the point of registration);
- to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Website) in connection with the Purposes;
- if The Food Rush is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
Unless we have obtained your specific consent, we will never transfer your data to third parties for them to communicate directly with you. The only exception is where it is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, for example to give a fulfilment company your address to send you a prize. But we will only transfer personal data if the other company agrees to comply with our data procedures and policies, and if they put in place adequate data security measures.
If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site, or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your Consent and Rights
By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:
- the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above;
- the sharing of your data with third parties as described above.
You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes.
- Ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
- Request that any information held about you is deleted. In some circumstances we are required to retain some data to meet our contractual obligations. In some circumstances data may be held by third parties and you will need to contact them direct to request updates or deletion of your data.
To exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to the address below with your full name and details and we will do our best to make the amendments as soon as possible. Please note that changes may not be immediate.
We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We will ensure that we have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion.
Your Rights – Email Marketing Communication
You will only receive email marketing communications from us and/or approved third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise submitted your consent to us for these purposes).
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us or change your preferences at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletter.
Your Information – Access Requests
If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you, you may make a request in writing. Send all such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018
Sign up for a weekly selection of meaty features, tasty morsels and guilty pleasures, delivered straight to your inbox.